Looking for best family tents for bad weather 2019, so you can stand to enjoy your camping experience? Following we are sharing our top picks of 2019 regarding best family tents for bad weather.
Top 10 Best Family Tents For Bad Weather In 2019 Review & Buyer Guide
A vacation turned to be an adventure and good memory when you spending it with your family. Camping is not a new concept but the availability of new camping gadgets has made this fun activity more interesting.
Still, you may face some serious issues if you do not plan well in advance. For example, bad weather, heavy rain, wind and cold weather etc.
Purchasing a family tent which can make you comfortable in bad weather can ease your lot of problems while you are camping.
There are best family tents for bad weather 2019 and the best extreme cold weather tents 2019 available in the market. By price, they are not really expended as you can use one tent for many years.
How to Buy The Best Family Tents for Bad Weather 2019?
If you have never purchased a tent for your family, then it could be hard for you to decide that from where you should start. There are so many things about which you must think about like size, price, weight, and material etc.
To help you with this, before giving you different options of best family tents for bad weather 2019, you need to consider the following things:
Weight: It is believed that if your tent is heavy, it is good in the bad weather. This does not mean that you go with a tent which weight too much and make it impossible for you to move while you are traveling. The heavier tent keeps the cold, rain and heavy wind out and your family safe.
Price: Do not compromise with the price. If a tent cost you a bit extra then your expected budget, then do not ignore it because you are purchasing it for your family safety.
- Cheaper tents are not mean to be for bad weather and easily break down by wind and rain. So, make sure to have a good budget when picking the best family tent for bad weather.
Large Vs Small: Small tents have been designed for the backpackers where large has been designed for the family.
- But if you are three in the family, then you can go with the small tent as well and save money. The size of a bad weather tent will totally depend on the size of your family and the size of your baggage.
3 Vs 4 seasons tent: Some tents are designed for the specific season. For example, there are tents which protect your family from rain only while other may protect your family from the heavy wind etc. That’s why the tents come up with the 4 and 3 seasons types.
- The 2 season tents are used for solid shelter where 3 season tents have been designed to protect your family from rain and windy weather etc.
Flooring: The tent flooring is available in different types including bathtub floor and regular floor. When we talk about a tent which you want to use in bad weather, then going with a tent which has bathtub flooring is ideas. It will keep the water of rain out during the rainy season.To help you to choose perfect, check out our list and our honest review about each and every best family tents for bad weather 2019 below:
1 – Coleman Hooligan 2 Person Backpacking Tent 2019
Even that alone must say that the Coleman Hooligan must be an amazing product, when you have all that history behind you.
This type of backpacking tent is convenient small sized tent that’s ideal for many things like a great weekend camping adventure.
This Coleman Hooligan measures eight by six feet and can sleep 2 people in complete comfort. The Coleman’s exclusive Weather-Tec system is guaranteed to keep you dry.
This great tent also has a waterproof floor, leak-free and protected seams, weather resistant fabric, a strong frame design as well as the zipper guard system.
There is plenty of room in the Coleman Hooligan as well. It has 56 inches of vertical space in the center, there is plenty of room to move around and be comfortable. This wonderful tent also features a one-pole design which is great for easy set up.
The Coleman Hooligan also comes with a rain fly that covers the tent for full protection from the elements. A mesh inner tent allows for great ventilation and insect control.
- There are also interior gear pockets that provide easy access to important items. There are also separate storage bags for the tent, poles and stakes which will help keep you organized.
2 – Coleman 8-Person Tent | Instant Family Tent 2019
This is a 8 person tent, suitable not only for the whole family but for the group of friends who are looking for a tent for camping in bad weather.
It has been made with best material and have many features to make it best among all.
This family tent has designed very well to provide a comfortable to all family member in windy and rainy night.
- The features which attract us most about this tent included the tube floor. By having a tube floor, you do not need to be worried about rain water at all, while its provide a comfortable floor to sleep inside the camp. The corners of this tent has welded very well and have protected seams.
The floor also have covered zippers to keep the water of rain out. For extra weather protection there is integrated rainfly. The interior of the tent is designed very well to make it easily step up to attached poles.
It’s a 2 person 2 door tent that sleeps 8 people comfortably. It can also hold 4 queen sized airbeds. It measures 6 ½ feet in the center. The overall size of this tent is 14 ft. x 10 ft. so it has a lot of room.
There are many features which makes the build quality of this family tent ideal to purchase but three of them impressed us most.
- This includes instant step up (within seconds), fast pitch (50% faster than other tents) and conventional pitch. The tent have wind strong frame to keep the tent at place in windy weather.
To provide protection from bad weather, the tent have protected seams along with zipper protection. The water resistant fabric will keeps the whole tent clean from the weather
3 – Wenzel Ridgeline 3 Person Tent 2019
If you have small family like 3-4 people, then you don’t need to spend on heavy and large size tent for the bad weather.
Out next pick is specially for small families who are looking for a tent which can protect them during the rain and heavy wind.
The Wenzel Ridgeline Camping Tent has a roof, door and mesh window for good cross ventilation.
- The fabric of the Wenzel Ridgeline Camping Tent is rough, climate-repellent Weather Armor polyester that includes polyurethane covering for reliability, in order to help in keeping the water out as well as warmth in.
A lightweight and portable camping, the Wenzel Ridgeline Camping Tent provides enough space for three persons in a 49-square foot area.
- The Wenzel Ridgeline Camping Tent is easy to set up. It has a pin and ring method and has a shock-corded fiberglass frame. The Dutch “D”-styled door of the tent provides a simple entrance and exit to the user.
The hooped fly in the Wenzel Ridgeline Camping Tent adds weather protection. The sonic covered polyethylene tub floor style is connected not stitched avoiding needle holes that make a possible space for water leakage. Double-sewn, lap-felled seams right through the tent’s body have a grit effect against water.
- Every webbing, zippers and threads are served with good water repellency functions in order to impose these important areas. The hanging pockets and equipment loft provides spaces for things that require easy access. Storage duffel is incorporated for storage and transportation..
4 – Wenzel Alpine 3 Person Tent 2019
Camping can be a fun experience. The Wenzel Alpine Tent can make sleeping in the outdoors safe and comfortable for even the most novice camper.
It has a center height of 48 inches making it easy to get items in and out easily. It can sleep three people, and even has a small area that is made for items such as backpacks and other small gear.
- With 49 square feet of space to enjoy, there is adequate room to spread out sleeping bags and be comfortable.
You will have plenty of space and not feel crowded by the other two individuals sharing the space with you. The mesh sides of the tent mean airflow is available at will. Should you find yourself in a cold or rainy climate, simply zip up the sides and enjoy the dry warm space.
The tent is 8.5 feet by 8 feet and can sleep up to 3 people. Its durable fiberglass frame, screened sides, and mud flap ensure the tent will be comfortable and durable for many camping trips. Another key feature of this great dome tent is its size.
The fiberglass frame included with the Wenzel Alpine Tent means easy set up and great durability. This tent have five sides, including rain cover. The poles snap easily in place and remain there until you are ready to disassemble it.
- Not only is the frame able to be quickly put together, the strength of the fiberglass ensures it will withstand strong winds and rains.
5 – Coleman 8-Person Tent for Camping | Red Canyon Car Camping Tent 2019
The idea of a tent is very much primitive. It seen in the nomadic people like a gypsy all over the world.
However, after its availability to the modern society, it becomes a popular choice for the outdoor recreations.
Nowadays, the camping tents are the prime source of the temporary outdoor housing. It is a very popular outdoor housing concept because it is movable.
The interior of this Coleman Red Canyon tent is very much large. Therefore, it is very much applicable to holding a large number of people. It is very much useful when you are traveling in a large group in the deep forest.
- You may carry everywhere you go without any problem. The main advantage of this camping tent is portability. It also very easy to set up it in your preferred location.
Another thing is that it is also a weatherproof. Anybody can stay under it for a long time. Therefore, Coleman tents are one of the best in all camping tents today.
The Coleman tent has room for up to eight people. Therefore, it is the best tent of all camping tents. It uses the weather tech technology.
- Therefore, you are always safe in any inclement weather condition. Even you can divide the inside room of the tent so that every single individual can enjoy his or her privacy.
The venting system of Coleman Red Canyon tent is outstanding. Because you can access it from the interior of the tent. One interesting point to say that it has the screen on the vent points. Therefore, you can take a breath easily and prevent you from suffocation.
- The venting system of tents is generally available for all tents today but this Coleman Red Canyon tent is excellent in quality standard. The Coleman Red Canyon has a high-quality screen as it can prevent you from the attack of the poisonous insects in the outdoor location like forest.
6 – Suisse Sport Yosemite Review (5 Person Tent 2019)
With friends, alone, biking, backpacking, winter, summer … If a tent is to become your shelter for several days it is best to select the right one.
But how do you choose the best tent for your trip? Here is a guide to help you see the value of Suisse Sport Yosemite on your next trip.
As there is a wide variety of tents available in the market it is easy for anyone to get confused on which one to buy.
- Though it was a difficult choice, now it’s simply with the arrival of Suisse Sport Yosemite. The tent have very superior interior design. It has diver which allow you to split tent into 2 rooms.
For easy exit and entry, there is double D door. The 3 mesh zippered windows and ceiling makes the interior of this family tent further outstanding.
The depth of this tent is 8 feet where this tent’s height is 6 feel. By width, it is up to 10 feet. It is a small tent for the small family, that’s why its total weight is only 13.65 pounds.
- By size it is ideal for up to 5 people. So if you have three kids, then they can easily fit in this tent.
You don’t need to worry about weakening the Suisse Sport Yosemite with direct sunlight for longer periods of time.
- It has the four most important features that make it the best: the material and overall quality of the tent, the internal space, the size and weight of the packed tent, the isolation and conditions appropriate for different climates.
7 – Coleman SunDome 7-Foot by 7-Foot 3-Person Dome Tent (Orange/Gray)
Ideal size, interior ad build quality makes out next pick for your family.
It is one of few family tent which have most positive review online. Let’s take a look at its features.
This tent has a very spacious interior. This is why we are putting this tent in our list of best family tent for bad weather.
- The roof of this tent if not slanted which makes the interior further spacious than other regular family tents. There are steek stakes, mesh pocket storage, guy ropes, and polyester fly etc. These all does not make camping easier but more fun.
Total dimension of this tent is 114 x 176 inches. The base size of Browning Camping Big Horn Two-Room Tent is 10′ x 15′. The center of this tent is 87″ which means than one can easily stand. By weight it is 34 lbs. The total tent area is 150 square feet.
This 8 people family tent has been made to stand in all bad weathers including rain and heavy wind etc. For weather protection, best material has been used to build this tent.
- It has steel stakes, fiberglass pole which makes this tent well built. The tent have 6 windows and 2 large doorways. The window can be zipped shut which is necessary when the weather is bad.
8 – Eureka Timberline – Tent Review 2019
The Eureka Timberline 4 tent is by far the best tent I have ever owned and obviously others agree.
It’s one of the world’s most popular tents with over a million sold. It comes with every feature a camper could want.
The Eureka Timberline 4 Tent has some pretty impressive features.
- This would be expected coming from a company such as Eureka which is known for its excellence in product and quality.
Let’s take a look at some of the features and specifications of this tent. Heavy duty bathtub floor made of 4 ounce 210D oxford nylon that repels water. Hooded fly at the front and the back allow windows to remain partially open during the rain.
- Shock corded eaves increase stability and tear resistance in wind. Two mesh gear pockets. Loops for gear loft, flashlight, clothesline and closable windows.
This classic A-frame Eureka Timberline tent offers enough room for four sleepers. Center height of 58 inches, weighs 10 pounds 12 ounces. It has 63 square foot area.
This is quite a heavy duty industrial type tent that works wonders as a base camp or for car campers as well. This tent will withstand the toughest of weather conditions.
- It has been made with mixed material including rubber, plastic and even cloth. The small size tents are not meant to built for the bad weather. But this tent stands in heavy rain and windy weather due to the material used to make this tent.
9 – Suisse Sport Wyoming 3 Room Family Dome Tent 18 x 10
A perfect family tent is one where all family members can sleep easil without disturbing others.
Our next pick is specially for the whole family because 10 people can easily sleep in this tent.
The center height of this tent is 6 foot and 8 inches which allow you to easily stand as long as you are not giant.
- Enough space available to keep your camping equipment save in the rainy weather. The floor of this tent has made from WeatherTec system.
This also keeps the whole floor dry during the rain. This tent comes up with the room divider for extra privacy and can be setup easily within 20 minutes.
The total measures of this tent if 17 x 9 with 6.8 foot center height. This tent is build for the group of ten people who can easily fit in this tent.
- If we compare the size, then you may have 3 queen size air beds or 10 single air beds in this tent easily.
Coleman WeatherMaster is beast. It is beast in term to protect you from bad weather due to its weight. The tent has coated with 75D 450mm PU of polyster taffeta.
- This material will keep the tent secure not only in the heavy rain but also in windy weather. For extra security, there is mesh roof which allow sunlight to come if there is no rain.
10 – Coleman Weathermaster 10 Person Tent 17×9 (Hinged Door)
Coleman Weathermaster 10 tent is easy and quick to set up. This is nice as when you get to camping you want to get to the fun stuff and not spend hours setting up the tent.
It has 2 color coded poles and continuous pole sleeves, shock-corded fiberglass poles, an exclusive pin and ring design as well as instaclip attachments.
- The instructions are very easy to follow and are sewn into the convenient carry bag. There are also separate stake and pole bags provided. Leak-free seams- in addition to fully taped rainfly seams, the rainfly cover doors and windows and has easy to use velco frame attachments.
A perfect family tent for bad weather. Its total size is 17 ft. x 9 ft. This is perfect size for the ten people or three queen size airbeds.
Weather-resistant fabric- this tent has coated polyester fabric that is combined with anti-wicking thread, webbing, and zippers are designed to keep you dry. I have used this in some extreme conditions and can tell you we all stayed completely dry.
- Protected seams- inverted floor seams dramatically increase weather resistance by hiding needle holes inside the tent and makes sure to keep them away from the elements.